To create a parent- child relationship between a primary object and a related custom object follow the below steps:-
1. Click on the gear icon on the right side of the page as shown below
- Click on the Setup under gear icon(refer to above screenshot)
- Click on the Object Manager tab
4. Click on Create button -> Click on Custom Object to create a new custom object.
5. Enter the required details here and click on Save
6. Now go to Object Manager and search the newly created custom object.
7. Now go to the custom object label
8. Go to Field & Relationship.
9. Now go to the New tab on the top right.
10. Now choose data type Lookup Relationship
11. Select Related To object i.e name for the primary object and Click on Next
12. Enter required information here, for Field Name we can put any informative name and click on Next.
13. On this page we can set or control the field visibility and Read-Only access for particular profile users
It is ok to not make any changes here, we can set this permission later from a particular Profile as per our need and click on Next
14. Check the Page Layout Name on the Add reference field to Page Layouts and click Next.
15. Check Details on Add custom related lists and click Next.
16. Click on Save and then you will be able to see the Relationship between the Custom Object and the Primary Object.
If you still have any questions, you can always contact RChilli Support by creating an RChilli Helpdesk ticket or sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.