Below are the steps and details to customize taxonomy in the Oracle PeopleSoft:
Log in to the Oracle’s Peoplesoft application and in the right top corner navigate to the NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product-Related > Recruiting > Integration > Data Mapping. In the Data mapping, data are mapped with the Category.
For example, M.I.T is mapped with the School category with key ID KUS024.
Using the customization written in the below sections, you can add more sets of data for a particular category; for example, you can map Mass Inst Tech, Massachusetts Institute, and Massachusetts Inst. Technology against the M.I.T in the School category. Once the data are mapped, then the system (parser) will recognize Mass Inst Tech in the resume and assign the correct value for school i.e., M.I.T with Key KUS024.
>>Import the project file
2. Open Application Designer and go to Tools > Copy Project > From File.
3. Select the project file that you downloaded in step-1 and click Select.
4. Once successfully imported the project file, you can view it in the application designer
>>Create the Data Set
You need to create the data set for the relevant Data Mapping category using the sample template downloaded in step-1.
1. Open the sample template once you download it in step-1(under Import the project file).
- In order to use the template, you must have access to the environment where you want to map (import) the data set.
2. On the Connect Information tab, fill the environment (production, staging, testing, etc.) details.
- See the sample filled data in the below image, you must select CREATE for the Action field to import the data into the system.
- No changes to be made for data in the Template tab in excel
select * from PS_HRS_DM_VAL order by 1 desc;
b. Category ID: For this column, find category id value in the HRS_DM_CAT_ID column of the PS_HRS_DM_CAT table i.e., 5 for degrees, 7 for School, etc. Run the below query to view the category id details in HRS_DM_CAT_ID column:
select * from PS_HRS_DM_CAT;
c. Value: For this column, add the different sets of values (for example, schools) that you want the parser to identify and recognize. For example Mass Inst Tech, Massachusetts Institute, and Massachusetts Inst. Technology can be added and they will be recognized by the parser as M.I.T if mapped with M.I.T Key ID in the School category.
d. Language Code: For this column, use ENG as the default language.
e. Key ID: For this column, use the Key ID of the category value you want to add a different set of data (taxonomy). For example, if you want to add a different set of data for M.I.T in the School category, find Key ID in the PS_HRS_DM_KEY_ID column against M.I.T. To find Key ID, run the below query. In the below example, the Key ID for M.I.T is 78.
select * From PS_HRS_DM_KEY where HRS_DM_CAT_ID = 7' and HRS_DM_DESC = 'M.I.T.':
f. Use: For this column, use value 10 for adding data or value 30 for Bi-directional.
4. Once you have created the data set in the template, click Add-ins > Stage Data for Submission > Submit Data. The status column will be green, and OK will be reflected once the data set is pushed in the system successfully.
Once you successfully pushed the data set into the system using the template, you can view the added data in Oracle’s Peoplesoft application.
1. Log in to the Oracle’s Peoplesoft application and in the right top corner navigate to the NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product-Related > Recruiting > Integration > Data Mapping. In the Data mapping, click Value Data Mapping and search with the Key for which you added the data set. For example, Key for M.I.T is KUS024.
2. The search result will display all the added data sets (for example, Mass Inst Tech, Massachusetts Institute, and Massachusetts Inst. Technology) for the relevant Key i.e., KUS024.
- Once the data set is added successfully and if the resume contains Mass Inst Tech as school, then the parser identifies the school value and assigns it as M.I.T in the system.
For more details please visit our Knowledge Centre
If you still have any questions, you can always contact RChilli Support by creating an RChilli Helpdesk ticket or sending an email at email@example.com.